Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Yahoo! Mail problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 downtown85

downtown85

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

The "new" (2011) Yahoo Mail keeps opening new ad infinitim until I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to force close my browser. It is aggravating to say the least and I am considering never using Yahoo Mail again even though I've had my account for over 10 years. This only happens with Yahoo Mail, not any other website. The browswer I'm running is IE8 - I've never had this problem before. Does anybody know what could be going on?

Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

Try deleting Yahoo and going back to the older one? I had a similar problem and fixed it that way.

Ray
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#3 Elwood_R

Elwood_R

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

Depending on which browser you're using, you could install AdBlock Plus and Easylist filterset and be done with almost all ads. It's available for Firefox and I believe Google Chrome (or SRWare Iron) browsers. SRWare Iron is Google Chrome without the "spyware".,

#4 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

Depending on which browser you're using, you could install AdBlock Plus and Easylist filterset and be done with almost all ads. It's available for Firefox and I believe Google Chrome (or SRWare Iron) browsers. SRWare Iron is Google Chrome without the "spyware".,

I was actually using Firefox, as I refuse to use IE of any version, but that will not stop the Problem, It seems like a giltch in the latest version of Yahoo? Uninstalling the new one and installing the old one, then refusing Toolbars and Updates and any other crap, afterwards going into "Add and Remove" and uninstalling any thing connected to Yahoo, except Yahoo Nessenger worked fine for me, it was back to normal.

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 01 August 2011 - 03:19 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#5 downtown85

downtown85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

I discovered that Yahoo Mail causes new browser tabs to open only when I close IE while it is on the Yahoo Mail website. So now I switch to another website before closing the browswer to avoid the problem. Very strange.

Thanks for the responses.

#6 boregard

boregard

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

I was actually using Firefox, as I refuse to use IE of any version, but that will not stop the Problem, It seems like a giltch in the latest version of Yahoo? Uninstalling the new one and installing the old one, then refusing Toolbars and Updates and any other crap, afterwards going into "Add and Remove" and uninstalling any thing connected to Yahoo, except Yahoo Nessenger worked fine for me, it was back to normal.

Ray.

don't know if this will help or not but i use firefox too. when new yahoo mail came out i had a lot of trouble also. i went to edit> preferences> content, then unchecked enable javascript. then went yahoomail and signed in. it then told me i could sign onetime or go back to classic. i choose go back to classic.havent had trouble since. maybe ill use new one when they get the bugs fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users