Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Signature Problem -Kernel32.dll

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ryner

Ryner

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

I need some help with a problem I have been having but if this is the wrong section for this can someone please tell me if it is just in case something comes up next time.

The problem started after a major amount of infections in my computer which I cleaned out awhile ago. When I cleaned it I started to get an error every time I open up a certain .exe programs such as game editors and programs that was made from visual basic. By the way all of my internet explorers also my anti-spyware programs and anti-virus programs work perfectly. If you need any other information I will give it to you. I also tried to replace the file with another copy of one.

Error Signature

Error Signature
AppName: test drive ulimited 2 editor.exe    AppVer: 1.0.0.6  ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 00012afb

Error Signature
AppName: drive explorer.exe    AppVer: 2.0.0.3  ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 00012afb

My system restore time dates have been deleted too just to let you know.

Edited by Ryner, 31 July 2011 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

<<I started to get an error every time I open up a certain .exe programs such as game editors and programs that was made from visual basic. By the way all of my internet explorers also my anti-spyware programs and anti-virus programs work perfectly.>>

My guess would be that either your Visual Basic programs or MS.NET (which is installed/used by VB) has become damaged. I would uninstall all MS VB programs...and then reinstall same.

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When the auto-scan is done and the screen appears, click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#3 Ryner

Ryner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

<< My guess would be that either your Visual Basic programs or MS.NET (which is installed/used by VB) has become damaged. I would uninstall all MS VB programs...and then reinstall same. >>

I reinstalled my MS.Net Framework and it still gives me the same error signature problem, everything works besides Visual Basic finished programs such as .exes and I also downloaded the programs/.exe from the website again too and it still didn't work.

When I opened BlueScreenView it just showed a normal window with no errors.
Attached File  scan.JPG   35.22KB   10 downloads

By the way just to let you guys know I don't have my windows install disk.

Pictures of my Registry in Regedit.exe of the Kernel32.dll
Attached File  registry.JPG   224.47KB   10 downloads
Attached File  registry1.JPG   76.97KB   10 downloads

When I open up a .exe program it does this - once I click view details of the error
Attached File  Error.JPG   69.31KB   9 downloads

Edited by Ryner, 02 August 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,262 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

If that's the only program producing that error/those screens...I'd have to question the program files.

Louis

#5 Ryner

Ryner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

If that's the only program producing that error/those screens...I'd have to question the program files.

Louis

No there is more but it gives me the error from programs that were made from visual basic and have just one file which is the .exe everything else such as explorers and ect is fine but on my friends computer when I open the program it opens up normally and doesn't give him the error.

Also one of the files I use to open gives me the error now which was made in visual basic from somebody. I downloaded the files over and it still gives me the error.

Edited by Ryner, 02 August 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,262 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

I'm out of my league with this problem...if uninstalling/reinstalling pertinent apps don't cure it, I don't know what to suggest.

Louis

#7 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

what's your pagefile like?

Edited by cogs10, 02 August 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#8 Ryner

Ryner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

what's your pagefile like?

Why? Since really I don't think that has anything related to the problem.

I would use my windows installer disk to try to fix it but I don't have it no more also when I did have it wouldn't work for my computer no more for some reason.

Edited by Ryner, 02 August 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#9 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

The problem started after a major amount of infections in my computer which I cleaned out awhile ago. When I cleaned it I started to get an error every time I open up a certain .exe programs such as game editors and programs that was made from visual basic. By the way all of my internet explorers also my anti-spyware programs and anti-virus programs work perfectly. If you need any other information I will give it to you. I also tried to replace the file with another copy of one.

could you tell what program that you use to clean the viruses and what viruses that has infected your computer?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#10 Ryner

Ryner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Combofix but when I used combofix I had another person instruct me from another site to help me remove the viruses and spyware on it since Malwarebytes didn't remove all of the infected files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users