Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Have A Virus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 O so confused

O so confused

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:07 AM

I think that i have a virus on my computer............ can someone tell me how to restore my computer please? ....... i have windows xp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Neverwill

Neverwill

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:50 AM

well..first off..what does it do/say?...allso post a HiJack This log in the HJT log analysis

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html go there for a download

Posted Image

#3 O so confused

O so confused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Well the computer went into safe mode or something like that..... so i cant get to my files and other things.... also the computer is moving super slow..... a few people told me to restore the computer but i dont know how.... also what is a Hijack?

Edited by O so confused, 15 January 2006 - 04:32 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,087 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:33 PM

Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware tools installed. If so, then start by performing some scans. If not then you need to get them.

Free Antivirus programs: (choose only one)
AVG
How to Install, Configure, and Use AVG

Avast
How to Install, Configure, and Use Avast Antivirus

Free malware scanning/removal programs: (I recommend them all)
Ad-Aware SE
Spybot S&D
MS AntiSpyware beta
Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions

Try doing some online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component]
Trend Micro Housecall Scan for Internet Explorer
Panda ActiveScan

If you are still having problems, then follow Neverwill's advice and post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

Before you post a log, make sure you read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Neverwill

Neverwill

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

HiJack This is a tool that allows us to see what kind of processes you've got running on your computer...it allows us allso to tell you what to remove so its safe again...when you restart keep pressing F8 and then tell your computer to start normally...

Posted Image

#6 O so confused

O so confused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:34 PM

I downloaded the Adware thing and scanned the pc but i still dont know what to do..... I think i am just goin to have to get someone to come and fix the computer... because i have no idea what im doing..........

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:45 PM

O so confused we have a guide that explains how to use Adaware called Using Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware & Hijackers from Your Computer.

After that try Spybot. Instructions are in Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your Computer.

Do you have an anti-virus program?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users