Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cd/dvd player doesn't play

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fe02

fe02

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

Syst.win xp. cd/dvd player works, but doesn't read/write. doesn't show what was inserted in drive.I've updated,rolled back,uninstalled and reinstalled the cd/dvd drivers,even allowing for shut down and start up. Insert a disk,lights flash,I can hear the drive try to do something,but nothing happens. I aint a computer genius,but I have been able to figure most of the problems out on my pc. I've tried ALL of the tips and help offerings,and so far I've just spent 2 days trying the same stuff over and over. If someone knows whats going on, I'ld really appriciate your help.Thanks folks. Fe02

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

1) There are no cd / dvd drivers to uninstall. They are built in to the OS.

2) Insert a BOOTABLE disc in the drive. Then make sure the drive is the first device in the boot order and reboot. Does the system boot to the cd drive?

#3 fe02

fe02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

nothing boots, and I dont have an xp disk to load anyway. Cd drive doesn't show anything in drive,the lights on drawer flash like it's gonna do something, then does nothing.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

The best way to find out if the drive is broken is to try to boot to it with a cd that you know is bootable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users