Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios beep help/

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Smiling Hobo

Smiling Hobo

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

Alright so today I got curious about overclocking computers.. I found a guide and started following it. Well when I went into my BIOS and turned up one of the settings a notch (I believe it was CPU frequency?) and then did a save/reset. I got three beeps from the motherboard. So Im kinda stuck here because I can not access my bios to turn that back down. I tried switching out the ram which did nothing. Is there anyway I can fix this, maybe reset the bios settings without actually accessing the BIOS? I tried to remove the BIOS battery and disconnect the power supply for 20-30 minutes which didn't seem to do anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

P.S. No more overclocking for me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smiling Hobo

Smiling Hobo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Alright so I took the computer apart and put it all back together again, and tried a different CPU to see what would happen. Much to my surprise it booted up on the BIOS! Success? Not quite. I changed it back to where it was in the first place and did a save and exit. It asked me shut the computer off and place the jumpers back to default position. Apparently I placed the jumper in the wrong place when I reassembled it. I restarted it to make sure that wasn't a fluke, back to the BIOS again. So I took the jumper out and placed it the only other way it could have been, started it back up, same problem again, back to the beeping. And now I cannot get it to start back up in the bios with the jumper anymore.

#3 Larry D. Lawrence II

Larry D. Lawrence II

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

Smiling Hobo,

can you give a little more information about the computer?
ie... Motherboard model, computer model, type of processor, memory type / size, any other distinguishing features.

Thanks,
Larry D. Lawrence II
Larry D. Lawrence II
MCSE, MCP,ACMT, ACTC
Dell, HP, Toshiba, Apple, Lenovo, and IBM Certified Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users