Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp multiboot on win 7. Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bomblast

bomblast

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

I was having windows7 on my pc and then I installed win xp, but now I don't get the option to start windows 7 or the windows 7 boot manager. How to solve the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

It's always better to install newer OS's after older OS's because they can see the older OS and create a boot manager that offers the option to boot to it. Since you've done it the other way around, you can use EASYBCD to do fix that for you:.
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

#3 bomblast

bomblast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

It's always better to install newer OS's after older OS's because they can see the older OS and create a boot manager that offers the option to boot to it. Since you've done it the other way around, you can use EASYBCD to do fix that for you:.
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Please help me how to use this EASYBCD. I installed it but am getting the following error:
The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The system cannot find the specified file.

However when I try to load a .bcd file manually as it tells me to, I don't find .bcd file on my entire pc. Please help me to find this file and locate it by name so that I colud manually load it.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

Tell you what, let's just do it the old fashioned way. Boot to the W7 DVD and use the startup repair tool. That should fix the bootloader for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users