Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain keys on keyboard not working properly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Capone928

Capone928

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

I'm having some trouble with certain keys (G and H) require more force to make them work

The thing is, I have no problem with having to press them harder if I press another key right before I press one of the two and work perfectly fine

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've tried cleaning them, but I would be willing to try any cleaning tips anyone has for me

It is a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

You could try popping off the keys and deep cleaning or pop them off to see if it is just bend or something and not just from being dirty...how old is the keyboard? Might be broken and u just need a new one

#3 Capone928

Capone928
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

I've cleaned both of the keys and that doesn't help at all; also it's not that old of a keyboard, it's only about a year old.

Edited by Capone928, 08 August 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

How did you go about cleaning the keys?
I recommend spritzing them with a little compressed air.
Try that if you havent already.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 emo123

emo123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Hi, You can view the link below it shows how to clean your keyboard keys , I too had a problem close to yours and had to change 3 keys, i got them from the same place I've given the link to. Hope it helps you
http://www.laptopkey.com/blog/

#6 sophia_smith

sophia_smith

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:17 AM

My brother also spilled tea on laptop keyboard. He cleaned all the keys himself by following the tips of laptop cleaning here http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/blog/laptop-keyboard-cleaning-tips/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users