Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where Is My Picture?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ali+dad

ali+dad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

hello all
I am a complete novice helping my dad who is an even completer novice, with his new computer with preloaded Microsoft Works. We tried all day to 'import' a picture from outside of Works, into a page of text, but it just keeps showing up as an open-topped box with just the very bottom of the image in it.
tried importing different types of image files (psd, tiff, jpeg) from all different locations, nothing makes any difference.
tried expanding/moving the topless box, makes no difference either, except that if we shrank the width of the box to a quarter of its size, a little bit more of the bottom of the pic would appear.

Any help greatly 'preciated.
cheers
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

See if this article helps you to solve the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;269991

You may want to delete Works and replace it with a more fully-featured office suite such as the free OpenOffice.org.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 15 January 2006 - 07:17 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:04 PM

What version of Works is it? What operating system are you running?

I haven't used Works in a long time so I don't know if I can help but is the function you used "import"? In Word (which the Works wordprocessor is based on) the function is 'Insert' followed by 'Picture' and 'From File'.

Have a look at the print preview to see what the final document is supposed to look like, you may be using a view which doesn't display the pictures properly. Also don't try to insert too large an image (say >200KB) as depending on your system Works may choke on it.

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users