Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer won't go on the Web??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 calboyny51

calboyny51

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

I have an XP with SP3 installed. For past week i have not been able to get on the World-Wide Web because neither of my ISP's (AOL or IE) will work. Every time i try to diagonise them, It comes back with an "Error" message but not which one> I've seen the following brought up: "Error 12007" & "Error 0x80070422" but can't find any way to get rid of them. What am I doing wrong and/or what could be wrong with my system?? Any help appreciated...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

1) Where and when do you see those error messages and what are the EXACT and complete error messages?
2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

Attempt to go to Microsoft.com and report the exact content of the error message and the point at which it appears onscreen, please.

If AOL is your ISP, then you probably need to uninstall/reinstall the AOL software.

FWIW: IE is just a browser, a basic component of Windows that facilitates Internet access. The AOL browser is just a modified version of IE, last time I looked...it is part of the AOL install package.

Louis

#4 fe02

fe02

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

I had a simmilar problem recently. It took a week for me to realize the problem was my firewall. Even after telling firewall to allow all connections I got no internet connection. I deleted the firewall and presto, back to the web. I wont promise this will work for you,but it is an option.Fe02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users