Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop wont boot

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 inthewoodz

inthewoodz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

my laptop is in an endless loop. cannot press any function keys and it's not on long enough to read any disc, cant get into BIOS or anything. I marked the c: active, could that have caused it? I turn it on and it never makes it past the first screen only to go on and off and on and off and on and off. it has the beep beep sound and will not stop even if i close the top. only way to stop it is to take the battery out. im a wreck without my laptop, my boyfriend is letting me borrow his but this thing is trashed and drives me nuts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Hello what is the operating system? XP,Vista etc??

Can you get the stopp error message?

STOP the Reboot loop

When running Windows and it crashes and you get a blue screen of death( BSOD ) with an error message and it will automatically restart, Most times it restarts too fast for you to see and read the error message. We are going to disable auto restart on system failure. So the screen will stop and you can copy down the complete error message.

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System (Windows+Pause works, too)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 inthewoodz

inthewoodz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

:lol: Thank you so much for replying. I'm running windows 7. I'm sorry if i may have posted in the wrong forum but i am very new to this forum stuff. still trying to find my way around. Anyway, I can't get far enough to press f2, f8, f12 or anything, I try putting in the repair disc and it doesn't get far enough to read it, just on and off and on and off. I was hoping there might be another method i don't know about. I couldve brought this on myself trying to learn new things. I need help big time. my laptop is all i have, i use it to earn money, and i don't watch tv so it's my entertainment and it's my main form of coorespondence. I have no extra money to bring it to get repaired. anything i can do myself, i'm very capable, advice is much appreciated. The loaner i have doesn't work so well so getting online to view forum can be difficult but i will keep trying.:inlove:

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

OK ,not to worry we were all new once too. :)
I am going to ask some to look here that specializes in these non booters. They will help you. They are very good at this.

You will probably need access to another machine to make a CD.

I am not sure they will get here tonight.
You'll be OK

boop
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,739 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hello.

This is not due to malware; hardware is the likely culprit. As such, I am moving it to the Internal Hardware forum. Someone will be with you shortly. :)

~Blade
Forum Administrator

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:39 AM

When was the last time you cleaned your lap top out with a can of air?

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

I marked the c: active, could that have caused it?

What do you mean you marked the c: active? EXACTLY what did you do?

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2011 - 09:12 AM.
Typo.

#8 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

I marked the c: active, could that have caused it?

This may have something to do with the boot loop issue, on Windows 7 the "system reserved" partition needs to be the primary active partition.. as for the beeping sound make sure there aren't any keys stuck in the down position.

#9 inthewoodz

inthewoodz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

:thumbup2:Hi, thank you all. I used a dust can on it once, I just bought it in
March. It's a Gateway NV55C Notebook Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I made all
the disks, 1 repair, 3 recovery, 1 apps and drivers, 8 backup and I have windows
7 upgrade, plenty of software, unable to use it. My boyfriend also does some
repairs but we're at a loss. I also have another laptop to use and an external
dvd burner. Hopefully someone will have a solution, I'll check back in awhile.
Thanxs again.

Edited by inthewoodz, 31 July 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

If the lap top is new, I would suggest sending it in for warranty repair.

#11 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

just on and off and on and off.

could you tell more detail about this, does your laptop power on (turn on) and suddenly turn off? if yes it's better to bring it to officially service center of your laptop brand to get warranty or RMA, at least you could fix it cheaper than regular repair shop or if you lucky you could get free repair.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#12 inthewoodz

inthewoodz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I'm not sure my warranty will cover it. I bought a plan for if I drop it or something, or maybe hardware, but how should I be so lucky to fall within the guidelines of a warranty. I guess I should check it out but if they determine it's software related, it won't be covered. Thank you all, you have been very helpful. I haven't joined in many forums but this one is great. I'll bring it back and let you know how it goes. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users