- Must be tough. I am worried about dropping it or having something spill on it while I am traveling.
- Must have fast internet access via wi-fi. I am not sure about wireless internet (i.e verizon) and the coverage. Any opinions would be appreciated.
- Battery length - semi-important - I want to be able to work or watch a dvd while spending hours on a plane or in an airport.
- Safety - if it is stolen, I want it to be very hard for someone to access my files.
- gaming is NOT important.
- weight is NOT important - I am a pretty big guy and just don't see a few pounds really bothering me.
- No Apples....sorry, the software I use is not designed for Apple.
- No small keyboards - I want as close to a full size keyboard as I can get.
- Price is not super important - I want to get a good value, but don't have to buy the cheapest one out there. I also don't want to buy the most expensive if I am not going to use the stuff I am paying extra for.
Well based on your needs, I suggest either the dell laptop, Pentium M, Price: 1000-1200
1. Its rumored to be tough, Not tough enough to withstand being ran over with a car, but if dropped it will still work.
2. Comes with a 2 hour default battery with intense power saver options for running on low battery while still performing well.
3. Comes with a semi-okay wireless card, great for airports and travelers.
4. IF you set a bios password it will be nearly impossible for someone to steal your password unless the villain replaces the laptop motherboard wich is very complicated without extreme expirience.
5. Theyre not uber thin, and not huge. Perfect size.
6. Im not much used to laptop keyboard's, but Ive typed on quite a few and this is one of the better.
7. Reatils around 1000$-1200$ usd
Links to some really good deals at newegg:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834110176http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834117144http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834117088