Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Backlight on Laptop Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seminolemartin

seminolemartin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

I have a Hp Pavilion ze5200 that the backlight seems have gone out on,i say backlight because if I look at the screen at a certain angle I can see the computer booting up. Replacing the screen should solve this problem, correct? So i bought a new screen, hooked it up and nothing happened. What else do I need to be looking for? Oh, If i hook an external monitor up, it does work.

Old screen reconnected now,unplugged inverter with computer running and nothing changed,. Monitor stayed the same and did not go off, but no backlight. Would this be an indication of bad inverter?

New screen appears to be completely dead.

Edited by seminolemartin, 30 July 2011 - 12:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

Well if an external monitor is working that tells us the motherboard is good. Now, typicality when the backlight goes out replacing the panel will correct the issue. It is doesn't we have to take a look at other components that control the video. The cable and inverter are left, it is possible the inverter has/ is also bad and given the issue you described it does sound like the inverter vs. cable, but it wouldn't hurt to get a cheap cable while your ordering a new inverter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users