Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer laptop keyboard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nkfro

nkfro

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

I use an Acer 5253 laptop for most of my work. last week, I drew my right hand right to left across the keyboard in an odd fashion and the 'Z' letter cap popped off and I'm having trouble remounting the key cap. The return spring appears to be intact and the lugs on the back key cap are intact. Is there some magical twist of the wrist needed to remount the Z key cap? And before anyone asks, no, my tongue wasn't stuck out the wrong side....;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr. PC WhizzKid

Mr. PC WhizzKid

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

Try pressing down on it?

#3 nkfro

nkfro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

If I thought it would work, I'd stand on it! Seeing that this is the only computer I use and don't have a spare LED screen panel in the trunk of my car, asking for help here seemed to be the better choice. ;) People that never ask qurstions fall into one of three catagories:

1. Can't stand to ask for help because doing so would make them look like a fool. Pride is a killer.

2. They know the answer but are trying to teach someone basis troubleshooting skills to minimize the chance the student would think twice before calling their
master again at 2am,

3. People that have exhausted their technological know-how long ago and just want to fix their bleeping computer!

I am #3. Howabout you, Mr PC Whizzkidd? :P

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2011 - 07:44 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

its possible that a small plastic part of the key broke off when it flew apart ,and will never go back on .
i have been fixing computers since 1999,self taught mostly ,and keys are the hardest thing for me to fix ,for most i usually just replace the keyboard .

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 nkfro

nkfro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Thanks for the reply! Your suggestion is most likely correct. Ifigured it couldn't hurt to ask. ;)

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

yeah,there are usually small upside down C shape clips that hold it in place that brake off

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2011 - 07:47 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users