Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rdirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gabubba

gabubba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Ok, so whenever I click on a link when I search using google I am always being redirected to another site that I did not intend to go to, like an advert or something similar. This happens on all the browsers I use ( I use both internet exploerer 8 and Firefox 5).I have been trying to solve this problem on my own and I researched into it and it was suggested that maybe I should check my processess for anything suspicious, so I did.

These are all of my processess:

Name Size Description

atieclxx.exe 2,084 k (no description)
BJMYPRT.exe 2,032 k (canon my printer)
CCC.exe 1,272 k (Catalyst Control Centre:host application)
CNSEMAIN.exe 30,160 k (Canon solution Menu EX)
csrss.exe 3,292 k (no description)
dwm.exe 18,380 k (Desktop Window Manager)
explorer.exe 44,952 k (Windows Explorer)
hamachi-2-ui.exe 2,276 k (Hamachi2 Client Application)
IAStoricon.exe 10,884 k (IAStorIcon)
iexplorer.exe 13,044 k (Internet Explorer)
iexplorer.exe 11,840 k (Internet Explorer)
iexplorer.exe 188,824 k (Internet Explorer)
iexplorer.exe 11,912 k (Internet Explorer)
ISBMgr.exe 1,948 (ISBMgr)
iTunesHelper.exe 3,852 k (iTunesHelper)
listener.exe 1,108 (VaioCare Window Listener Application)
mcagent.exe 3,220 (McAfee Security Center)
MOM.exe 1,784 k (Catalyst Control Center:Monistoring Program)
PMBVolumeWatcher 536 k (Media Check Tool)
RAVBg64.exe 4,092 k (HD Audio Background Process)
rundll32.exe 1,156 k (no description)
rundll32.exe 900 k (no description)
rundll32.exe 2,084 k (Windows Host process (Rundll32)
SCServer.exe 2,144 k (Microsoft Search Client Server)
splwow64.exe 3,036 k (Print Driver Host for 32 bit applications)
SPMgr.exe 520 k (SPM Module)
SynTPEnh.exe 4,620 k (Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements)
SynTPHelper.exe 1,460 k (Synaptics Pointing Device Helper)
taskeng.exe 2,248 k (Task Scheduler Engine)
taskeng.exe 2,196 k (Task Scheduler Engine)
taskhost.exe 2,996 k (Host Process for Windows Tasks)
taskmgr.exe 4,096 k (Windows Task Manager)
Toolbox.exe 6,944 k (Toolbox)
VCSpt.exe 376 k (VAIO CARE)
VCsystray.exe 2,292 k (VAIO CARE)
VESMgrSub.exe 8,972 k (no description)
VSNClient.exe 4,244 k (VAIO Smart Network)
winlogon.exe 2,708 k (no description)

So Those are all of my processess, I hope that can help. Please help me fix this as I am getting quite frustrated now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hello, in the meantime please do these and see if it stops.
Are you on a router? Witrh other machines? if so do they redirect?

Please download GooredFix from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2
  • Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
  • To run the tool, double-click it (XP), or right-click and select Run As Administrator (Vista).
  • When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
  • GooredFix will check for infections, and then a log will appear. Please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called GooredFix.txt).

Your HOSTS file may be infected.
Reset the HOSTS file
As this infection also changes your Windows HOSTS file, we want to replace this file with the default version for your operating system.
Some types of malware will alter the HOSTS file as part of its infection. Please follow the instructions provided in How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?

To reset the hosts file automatically,go HERE click the Posted Image button. Then just follow the prompts in the Fix it wizard.

OR
Click Run in the File Download dialog box or save MicrosoftFixit50267.msi to your Desktop and double-click on it to run. Then just follow the promots in the Fix it wizard.

>>>
Run TFC by OT (Temp File Cleaner)
Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.5.9.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
[color=green]Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 gabubba

gabubba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

Thank you for your reply,
I checked to see if any other of my machines that were connected to my wireless were redirected. I tried this on my brothers and his searches were not redirected, so i don't think that the problem is with the router.I downloaded GooredFix and here is the log:

GooredFix by jpshortstuff (03.07.10.1)
Log created at 09:51 on 01/08/2011 (Chris)
Firefox version [Unable to determine]

========== GooredScan ==========

========== GooredLog ==========

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\
(none)

C:\Users\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xt1vo60d.default\extensions\
engine@conduit.com [19:59 16/03/2011]
{b9db16a4-6edc-47ec-a1f4-b86292ed211d} [14:15 30/03/2011]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]
"msntoolbar@msn.com"="C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN Toolbar\Platform\6.0.2237.0\Firefox" [03:39 13/08/2010]
"{27182e60-b5f3-411c-b545-b44205977502}"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\firefoxextension\SearchHelperExtension\" [03:39 13/08/2010]
"{3252b9ae-c69a-4eaf-9502-dc9c1f6c009e}"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DMExtension\" [03:39 13/08/2010]
"{B7082FAA-CB62-4872-9106-E42DD88EDE45}"="C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor" [12:18 10/02/2011]

---------- Old Logs ----------
GooredFix[15.36.10_30-07-2011].txt
GooredFix[15.54.28_30-07-2011].txt

-=E.O.F=-

I would also like to mention that I uninstalled my firefox to see if that would help in getting rid of the virus.

I reset my Hosts file and I ran TFC. I also used TDSSkiller but the scan said that I was not infected. The same thing with the malwarebytes scan. Even after all of these scans and everything the problem still persists and I am still being redirected. I am also confused because TDSSkiller and Malwarebytes both say that I am not infected, even though I am being redirected. Again, thank you for your reply and I hope I can fix this annoying problem.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

OK, while all thise proceeses look OK. the key woule be their location, in determining malware.
eg.Google
atieclxx.exe 2,084 k (no description)
Clicking on File net's reply you will go here
http://www.file.net/process/atieclxx.exe.html
That syas the file Description: atieclxx.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32
If yours is not it may be malware.

There were some FireFox adddons causing redirects,but you removed FF.
Your router does not appear to be infected.

We still may have a rootkit or other unseen malware.

If still redirecting>>>
Change your DNS Servers:
  • Go to Posted Image > Run... and in the open box, type: cmd
  • Press OK or Hit Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: ipconfig /flushdns
  • Hit Enter.
  • You will get a confirmation that the flush was successful.
  • Close the command box.
If the above commands did not resolve the problem, the next thing to try is to reset your network settings and Configure TCP/IP to use DNS.
  • Go to Posted Image > Control Panel, and choose Network Connections.
  • Right-click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties.
  • Double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or highlight it and select Properties.
  • Under the General tab, write down any settings in case you should need to change them back.
  • Select the button that says "Obtain an IP address automatically" or make sure the DNS server IP address is the same as provided by your ISP.
  • Select the button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically".
  • If unknown Preferred or Alternate DNS servers are listed, uncheck the box that says "Use the following DNS server address".
  • Click OK twice to get out of the properties screen and restart your computer. If not prompted to reboot go ahead and reboot manually.
-- Vista users can refer to How to Change TCP/IP settings

CAUTION: It's possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) requires specific DNS settings here. Make sure you know if you need these settings or not BEFORE you make any changes or you may lose your Internet connection. If you're sure you do not need a specific DNS address,
then you may proceed.

If still redirecting>>>
Run DrWeb-CureIt

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
alternate download link
Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the anti-virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
  • When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users