Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jpeg to Mpeg

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalRain

DigitalRain

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:49 PM

Is there a computer software program that will turn Jpeg to Mpeg so that a VCD or DVD can be made?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:18 AM

Found this on another site:

You'll need to download a couple utilities starting with a shareware utility called VideoMaker v2.3 by C3 Systems (http://www.demonweb.co.uk/c3sys/vmaker.htm)  It's free to download so you can pull it off right away, but they do ask $20 to register if you want to keep using it.  What this fast and simple utilitiy does is take a large number of JPG, BMP or GIF files and load them as a source, then you select AVI as the animation type, and let it go!  It will create an uncompressed .AVI movie for you which works great, but since it's uncompressed it can take up a fair ammount of disk space. (Which usually doesn't matter since it's only temporary anyway)

Next you need to convert this rather large AVI file to MPEG format.  For quality, TMPGEnc is the very best! (http://www.tmpgenc.net/) With this feature-packed free MPEG encoder, you can select your new AVI source and encode a very high quality mpeg format video for your needs.

#3 DigitalRain

DigitalRain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:03 PM

Excellent I will try that = thanks 4 the help

#4 kylander

kylander

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:58 PM

how can you change jpeg to mpeg, jpeg is just a still picture but mpeg is a movie format so unless you have a bunch of jpegs and can morph them into a moving picture like cartoons i really don't understand. but hey, technology's an amazing thing right? :thumbsup:

#5 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:46 PM

He's right

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:25 PM

how can you change jpeg to mpeg, jpeg is just a still picture but mpeg is a movie format so unless you have a bunch of jpegs and can morph them into a moving picture like cartoons i really don't understand. but hey, technology's an amazing thing right? :thumbsup:

You got it right. There is no way to convert a jpg, other other still image to a mpeg. What you can do those is take many jpegs convert them in a series to a mpeg. Just like cells or frames in cartoons and movies.

This is shown how to do this in the instructions given above

#7 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:23 PM

I suggest d/l VCD Easy. Im sorry that I do not have a link, but google will help. I have used many different 'movie' programs for still pics to movies, and this one is good to get your feet wet. Not to negate the suggestions, just another way to do it...
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#8 Geoff

Geoff

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:06 AM

Get Adobe ImageReady =/ It's included with Photoshop

#9 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:43 AM

SSMM

Check out Slide Show Movie Maker freeware.

Slide Show Movie Maker is a free program that can create an AVI-file from a series of .bmp or .jpg images. Images can have professional-looking fade-in and fade-out effects, plus attractive text overlays. The program's clean-looking interface is logically laid out; you should become productive within just a few minutes of running it. Keep in mind that .avi files can become quite large and take a long time to render. However, Slide Show Maker lets you choose to save output using any one of your system's installed .avi codecs, so the file size and generation time will vary depending upon which one you choose.

Operating System: Windows 9x, NT, ME, 2000, XP, XP Pro with a resolution with minimal 1024 x 768 pixel (some controls are not shown at a smaller resolution)

Import (Images / Videos): 24-Bit BMP, JPG, AVI

Import (Audio): WAV (16-Bit Stereo 44,1 Khz PCM)

Export: AVI (Audio Video Interleave)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users