Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

easy Youtube video downloader stopped working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Firefox 5.0.1 w/ easy Youtube video downloader 5.2, noscript 2.1.2.5rc1, Better Privacy 1.65, Personas 1.6.2 & WOT 20110704
Mac OS 10.6.8

The download button is no longer present on Youtube.com. I have also been getting the error message "Javascript application BVDCore.videoformats is undefined" whenever I play a youtube video, altho the video plays w/out problem. Easy Youtube video downloader was last updated 7-17-11; noscript was updated today.

Googling the BVDcore message - support.mozilla.com recommends disabling Easy Youtube video downloader to get rid of the error message. Googling easy youtube video downloader w/ and w/out missing button didn't yield any info on recent problems.

Anyone know how I can get the download button back?
mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

I dunno. There are plenty of video downloaders out there. I would ditch that one and use a different one. I have used Real Player for a while now and it will download any embedded video clip, not just Youtube.

http://www.real.com/

#3 MaryBet82

MaryBet82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

Thanks frankp316,

I had realplayer already so I read the help info and opened the downloader from Window > Open Realplayer downloader. Then I checked the "Add Realplayer downloader Agent to login items" in the downloader Preferences options so that the downloader opens automatically when I play a youtube video. After I closed realplayer and then viewed a video the downloader opened automatically.

At first when I was in firefox and played a youtube video nothing would show up in the downloader window, but I would get the titled video listed in the download window if I played it in Safari. [It downloaded successfully from Safari.] Now when I play a video in firefox I get a "[javascript application]" listed instead of the title of the video w/ the same file size as the correctly titled video I get in Safari. I think a recent update to either noscript or firefox itself has caused the bvdcore.videoformats error and that is interfering w/ both easy videodownloader and realplayer downloader. I did try disabling noscript and playing a video to see if easy videodownloader would work again, but it didn't.

I haven't been able to open realplayer converter. When I go to Window > Realplayer Converter nothing happens. I'd like to convert from flv or mp4. The screenshots in realplayer converter help looks like one can convert to mp4, altho I can't find where it says specifically.
mac 10.6 on macbook pro

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

It seems like your problem may be with Firefox. I use Chrome so I can't help you with that.

#5 MaryBet82

MaryBet82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Update
I am no longer getting the BVDCore.videoformat error message.
My Easy YouTube Video Downloader's button has reappeared when I play a youtube video. Firefox Add-ons Manager says it was updated last night. It's gone from version 5.2 to 5.3.
Also, the realplayer downloader is now listing the video played in firefox by its correct title rather than [javascript application] but I don't think there has been an update to firefox and I haven't updated realplayer.
Realplayer's Converter still won't open, so I'm going to check for an update/reinstall realplayer.
mac 10.6 on macbook pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users