Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tunes vanished from Iphone 3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DrProphet

DrProphet

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hi,

Bare with me this is a pain. I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

Basically, my girlfriend, plugged her iphone into itunes. Sync'd her iphone (3GS) but when she unplugged it, all her music had disappeared from the ipod area. There were NO artists, playlist, or tracks at all. She then thought the best course of action would be to update her phone through I-tunes. She plugged it back in and attempted the update. Which failed with an error. (unfortunately not aware whether there was an error code or not). After this, the only thing on the screen was the connect to itunes store symbol. We then decided to take it to the apple store. They couldn't even get it to hold enough charge to do anything with it. They tried restores etc. but nothing worked. The next day we plugged it in to itunes at home again, and it came alive, but wouldn't sync.

My girlfriend has been paying £15 a month insurance for the past 18 months, so contacted them for a possible replacement phone. To which she was led to a dead end, being: "her insurance didn't cover for the phone developing a fault outside of warranty, unless it had been accidentally damaged, which it hadn't" A lovely little insurance loophole.

Anyway, so we paid yet another visit to the apple store and traded the old phone in & paid an extra £140 for a 'like for like' swap. Took it home. plugged it in. It sync'd all the contacts, and texts but didn't sync any music, or apps. So off we went to the apple store again WITH my girlfriends DELL Laptop. They tried to sort things out, but no joy :( (The guy said he wasn't very clued up with Windows machines) OUCH!!

So, we brought it back home & I attempted to sync again but it kept timing out. After numerous attempts, (with myself trying to switch off certain things sync'ing, as there was ALOT of apps and music on there) I finally managed to get it to stop from sync'ing the apps and just concenrate on the music. It proceeded to sync all the music successfully. (OR SO I THOUGHT) They were now visisble on the iphone, but won't play properly at all. Playing only parts of tunes or skipping tunes completely.

It's been an absolute nightmare. My girlfriend has given up on it, and decided to just use it as a phone, but I feel she deserves to have all the phone's functions working. Especially since we've paid out so much in insurance and for the swap.

ANY advice gratefully received. Will try ANYTHING.

Laptop is DELL INSPIRON

running WINDOWS 7

Iphone is IPHONE 3GS (32Gig)

Both itunes & iphone have the latest software update.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thankyou.

OOPS!! Sorry this should be in cellphone or ipod, not IPAD? Can this be moved to the appropriate thread please. (Really need to check all the forums before i post :blink: ) Apologies.

Edited by hamluis, 31 July 2011 - 10:15 AM.
Moved from iPad to Cell Phones.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users