Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues after resetting internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SandmanFSMC

SandmanFSMC

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

Okay, long story, I will number it for ease.
Started with Windows XP home, using I.E. 7.
1. I could connect to the internet and ping just fine, but couldn't browse.
2. When in safe mode, browses fine.
3. scanned for malware, checked proxy settings, and reset internet explorer.
4. finally discovered that the norton internet security that I had uninstalled, was still lurking about. Had to use the norton remove tool.
5. Now I can surf, everything is great EXCEPT At yahoo mail, it logs in but the mail pane never populates. Also, my own email from netnation logs in, but then goes to blank page.
6. So I try enabeling add ons, but nothing fixes the problem.
7. Install I.E. 8... No help
8. Uninstall I.E. 8 and I.E 7. Back at 6, things seem better but out of date.
9 Install 8, same problem. WTF?
And ANYONE help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

Try a different browser.

#3 SandmanFSMC

SandmanFSMC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Well, that is another symptom. Many of the links do not work. Such as the one to download google chrome. I can make it all the way to the final download now button. That one, I click it and nothing. And the same with firefox. But the real thing is, I do not want to give this computer back with a work around. They asked if I could fix it and I am doing my best. I mostly need to know if by resetting it, did I get rid of all the add ons in I.E. and how can I get back the ones I would normally use? Oh, and the "Find add ons" page, doesn't load right because of whatever is missing. LOL

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Those kind of symptoms indicate that it's probably still infected. So you might want to post at Am I Infected before doing anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users