Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:01 AM
Okay, long story, I will number it for ease.
Started with Windows XP home, using I.E. 7.
1. I could connect to the internet and ping just fine, but couldn't browse.
2. When in safe mode, browses fine.
3. scanned for malware, checked proxy settings, and reset internet explorer.
4. finally discovered that the norton internet security that I had uninstalled, was still lurking about. Had to use the norton remove tool.
5. Now I can surf, everything is great EXCEPT At yahoo mail, it logs in but the mail pane never populates. Also, my own email from netnation logs in, but then goes to blank page.
6. So I try enabeling add ons, but nothing fixes the problem.
7. Install I.E. 8... No help
8. Uninstall I.E. 8 and I.E 7. Back at 6, things seem better but out of date.
9 Install 8, same problem. WTF?
And ANYONE help me?