Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Windows load the locally stored profile."

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

A user received the message, "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator," when trying to log in.

She shut her computer down, then started up and logged on perfectly fine.

Is this something to watch out for? Or is it usually only a one-of glitch? I didn't see anything in the event viewer, but I might have overlooked it...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

I would pay attention to that message...and create a new profile...and then move all files from the old to the new.

Copy Data from a Corrupted User Profile to a New Profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Create a Duplicate User Profile with a Different Name - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dupprofile.htm

Once the new profile is created and files have moved from the damaged to the new...delete the old user account in Control Panel/User Accounts.

Louis

#3 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

The user account that would be created locally on the computer is based on the user's network login. Creating a new domain account for this user would generally be impractical, so how would creating a new profile for the user based off the domain login go?

I apologize that this was not clear, as the links you provided (at first glance) don't match the details of my case. =\ Sorry.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

If a domain is involved, it pprobably an issue that should be resolved by the domanin IT personneel, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users