Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Timed Security

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MorriganDissaproves

MorriganDissaproves

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hi everyone, got a small request for anyone who can help.

I work at an IT company and a client has requested this, and now so am i :lol:

Basically, I need A USB stick that has password encryption. However, it needs to be a bit different. I need it to require password, then start a timer; requiring the user to re-enter the password after a specified time like 15 or 20 mins.

I have searched extensively online for any sort of product capable of this, to no avail.

If anyone can recommend a product, fantastic. If not, I am open to any ideas for scripting this to happen. Unfortunately I have VERY basic knowledge of only C++, so if I could get either help scripting it, or if any one could script it for me, I would be endlessly grateful.

Thanks so much for at least reading this, but please reply if you think you can help even a little, even ideas are helpful, so let me know if you got any, don't be discouraged if you don't have a complete solution.

Thanks again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MorriganDissaproves

MorriganDissaproves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

No one wants to help me? So many views and NO replies. Lol i wonder how many of those views were people that could help but didn't feel like it :P

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

You probably got no replies because no one knows of any such product.
I certainly have never heard of anything that does what you want.

If you explain the situation more, maybe there is another alternative.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 MorriganDissaproves

MorriganDissaproves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

I actually explained the entire situation very well, in extreme detail. Also I'm not entirely looking for a product. I also said if anyone could give me pointers to script it that would be phenomenal. Maybe no one knows how to read?

It just needs to be password protected, and scripted to lock out and require a password again in 20 mins.

Edited by MorriganDissaproves, 29 July 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

BlockMaster SafeStick USB drives appear to meet the order, at least judging from the marketing material. Never having used one (or, indeed, heard of this company or its products before today) I can't vouch for them. But they sound like what you're looking for.

#6 MorriganDissaproves

MorriganDissaproves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

BlockMaster SafeStick USB drives appear to meet the order, at least judging from the marketing material. Never having used one (or, indeed, heard of this company or its products before today) I can't vouch for them. But they sound like what you're looking for.

Sir, I'd like to formally thank you. SO MUCH. Dude SWEET. Never saw this in my searches some how. How easy was it to find?

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

About 2 minutes of Googling. My Google-Fu is legendary. :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users