Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Latest Startup Entry

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Avro_1

Avro_1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:26 PM

Downloaded windows new Beta called Windows OneCare. If you down load this programe you will see it as a new startup entry in msconfig as 'winssnotify'.
Full entry is thus :
Winssnotify *C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\winssnotify.exe*
Location- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Ran full programe last night it takes a very very long time (I hope this is first run only) Has some promise.
You can down load it on this link and then start letting us all know your varing opinions as time goes on:-)
http://www.windowsonecare.com/

Enjoy,

Avro_1

P.S. It did drive me a bit nuts due to length of time it took to do full Business without the Backup included. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

Do you know what this program actually does? Does it need to start autmatically?

#3 Alpha_Blue

Alpha_Blue

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:33 AM

Windows OneCare is legit, its a security program that has backup, update, firewall, antivirus, and 'tune-up' aspects to it according to their site. I'm not sure if its needed to start however.

Edited by Alpha_Blue, 26 January 2006 - 02:35 AM.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

Do you know what this program actually does? Does it need to start autmatically?

What is it?
This PC health service is always on, running quietly in the background. It helps give you round-the-clock protection and maintenance—virus scanning, firewalls, tune ups, file backups, the whole nine yards. Delivered to you in a smooth, hassle-free package.

http://www.windowsonecare.com/

Posted Image

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic