My name is etavares and I will be helping you with this log.
Here are some guidelines to ensure we are able to get your machine back under your control.
- Please do not run any unsupervised scans, fixes, etc. We can work against each other and end up in a worse place.
- Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so. Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
- Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned. Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
- Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
- When in doubt, please stop and ask first. There's no harm in asking questions!
Now, some questions. Does the computer beep at you as it boots up? If so...how...what's the pattern? one beep? long beep, short beep, long beep, etc. THat can help tell us something if it's not virus related.
If it is virus related, it may be an infected MBR. If so, you can't recover your computer as it will have overwritten the recovery console.
Let's just start with answering the questions in this post and we'll figure out where to go. Worst case, we should be able to recover your files unless you have a serious hard drive failure.