Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device w/ OCZ Vertex 2 SSD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xantalen

Xantalen

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hoping there's someone knowledgeable about SSDs in here:

I have an MSI GX740-235US that I bought an OCZ Vertex 2 for. For the past several months, I've been having an intermittent issue where when either booting or coming out of hibernation it'll tell me to reboot and select proper boot device. The usual temp fix has been to switch from AHCI to IDE, let it try to load Windows and crash, then go back to the BIOS and switch back to AHCI and it'll boot. Any idea why this happens? I've just been putting up with it all this time but now I'm beginning to worry that I could try to turn this thing on one day and find that it's gone completely dead or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xantalen

Xantalen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

Bumperstiltskin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users