Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Word Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flora

Flora

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:43 PM

Hi. Micrisoft Word keeps crashing approx every 15 minutes. At first it would freeze the whole computer and I would be forced to restart. Now it switches the whole computer off. The computer runs smoothly with other programmes. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

If you have the original Word CD, try uninstalling and then reinstalling it. Has this just begun to happen?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Flora

Flora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:19 PM

Thanks, John. this has just recently happened. My hard drive has been reformatted since the problem occured, with Word re-installed, but the problem persists.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

Have you installed whatever MS updates go with your Version of Word? Does it crash when working on old docs or on a new doc, or both?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Flora

Flora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:38 PM

Thanks. I don't think updates were installed. It crashes with new and old documents. My brother has just vacuumed the inside about an hour ago, and it has been the longest without crashing...so far. He says that the CPU is too hot and needs thermal paste. However, the problem only occurs in Word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users