Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most secure browsers for Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jnl

jnl

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

I'm probably using the worst browser, Internet Explorer. I used to use Firefox, but I was concerned with privacy issues once they teamed up with Google so I went back to Explorer. Two weeks ago I updated to version 9 of Internet Explorer and I'm constantly getting connection issues which I've never had before.

What are the better browsers when it comes to both privacy and security?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

You're over thinking it. Firefox, IE 8 or 9, Chrome, Safari - they're all fine. What's more important are your browsing habits and having a good av.

Edited by Allan, 27 July 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

IE9 has become more secure compared to older versions. Chrome also has added many security features.
Most people prefer Firefox with different add-ons like NoScript. I personally use Chrome and Firefox and consider them safer.
Like Allan has said, security is not in what browser you use but how you use it. (Obviously I am talking about latest updated mainstream browsers only)

Edited by Romeo29, 27 July 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#4 jnl

jnl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Thanks, but the trouble is that IE 9 keeps saying the webpage cannot be displayed. This has never happened to me before, and now it happens several times a day on different sites that I normally go to. The older version of IE worked fine, but this one is really annoying.

So maybe my question should be, which of these browsers doesn't have a lot of connection problems like IE 9 seems to be having for me? Thanks!

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Roll back to IE8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users