Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sidewinder X6

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Thrax

Thrax

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hello (if this is in the wrong place ..Im sorry )

WixXP Pro SP3 I have a Microsoft digital keyboard...a while back ago the Sound and mute button quit working on it ...since it was old as dirt I figured it was time. I went out bought a Sidewinder X6 hoping to help my hunter DPS ...Ok off topic.. Anyways ...Same problem

I tried to start the HID Service and it gives me error 126.. the file could not be found ...I go to the system32 folder and there is file ...maybe it corrupt ..replaced the file with my I386 copy ..same thing ... Everything I have read point to getting that HID service started

oh .. when I installed the Keyboard I un-installed the old drivers ..then installed the new ones ..just like bill would have wanted me too...I am also using a Microsoft Laser 6000 mouse ...I un-installed that software too but the service still gives me the 126 error ...even though I can see the file sitting there ... any help

thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 27 July 2011 - 12:55 PM.
Moved from XP to External Hardware.

Life is too short to spell right on the internet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users