Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram or Video Card Maybe??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 honda2010

honda2010

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

I have a HP triple core laptop with windows 7. It got dropped and now its very slow and can access email and all other things but you cant watch videos on it now the screen just goes black. Could it be ram or video card or something knocked loose? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 honda2010

honda2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Well I ran malwarebytes and it found 128 items and deleted sucessfully. I upgraded to IE9 and could download but still wont play no video. Says update flash player and I uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times still no video keeps sayin upgrade. I installed fire fox 5 and everything works. I guess IE just really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

IE has known bugs, flash player is constantly having updates, did you go to Adobe's website to get the update? As long as your up and running thats all that matters!

#4 honda2010

honda2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

IE has known bugs, flash player is constantly having updates, did you go to Adobe's website to get the update? As long as your up and running thats all that matters!

Yes I went to there website and did it like 5 times but still kept tellin me I need to update and it was up to date. I dunno what was wrong with it. FF is workin like a champ and fast to.

#5 Larry D. Lawrence II

Larry D. Lawrence II

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

IE 9 and Flash Player problems

For those running into problems with Internet Explorer 9 and Flash Player 10.3, adobe has just released a test version that they're hoping resolves the problems you're encountering.

"A pre-release Flash Player to address this issue is now available for testing. We are very interested in hearing you feedback concerning this possible fix. If you should encounter any new issues please report these through our Adobe Flash Player Bug Management System. Please review the instructions on this page for details on generating the information we’ll need for further investigation.

Download Flash Player 10.3.181.15 Update
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer10-3/flashplayer10-3_b3_activex_052311.exe

Important: Please note that this build is for testing and feedback purposes only and is not a full Flash Player release. By installing this binary you accept the terms of the Adobe Software License Agreement."

After installing the new version, please re-enable your hardware acceleration in IE9 if you had previously disabled it. We'd like to know if this solves the problem for you, after trying it out please let us know.

Hope this helps,
Larry D. Lawrence II
Larry D. Lawrence II
MCSE, MCP,ACMT, ACTC
Dell, HP, Toshiba, Apple, Lenovo, and IBM Certified Technician

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

<<Please note that this build is for testing and feedback purposes only and is not a full Flash Player release.>>

Outdated reference to FP version, see http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users