to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.
Some things to remember while we are working together.
- Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
- Please do not attach logs.
- Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
- Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
- Do not run anything while running a fix.
- If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.
Click on the Watch Topic
button and select Immediate Notification
and click on proceed
, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.
Please download MiniToolBox
and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List last 10 Event Viewer Log Errors
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
. Please put code boxes around the entire MiniToolBox log, and only this log
, like this, without the x: [xcode] MiniToolBox log [/xcode]
As this infection is known to be bundled with the TDSS rootkit infection, you should also run a program that can be used to scan for this infection. Please carefully follow the steps in the following guide:How to remove Google Redirects or the TDSS, TDL3, or Alureon rootkit using TDSSKiller
Please download a new version of TDSSKiller, as it is updated often.
In your next reply, please include:
- MiniToolBox log file (in code boxes, as described above)
- TDSSkiller log (Located at C:\ Please just copy and paste this log.)
- How's the computer running now? Please provide a detailed description of any remaining problems, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, and/or screenshots of strange behavior.