Jump to content
Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:42 PM
Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:23 PM
Caution: The following procedure will remove all the existing System Restore points, and resets the System Restore drive monitoring options to defaults (monitors all drives by default.)
Reinstalling System Restore
1. Click Start, Run and type %Windir%\INF
2. Locate the SR.INF file. The file may be shown as SR, if you have configured Windows Explorer to hide known file extensions. To see the file extensions for all file types, then try this:
* On the Tools menu in My Computer, click Folder Options.
* Click the View tab.
* Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
3. Right-click the SR.INF file, and then click Install
4. Windows will now attempt to reinstall System Restore, and may prompt you for the Windows installation source path. Point to %Windir%\ServicePackFiles folder, or insert your slipstreamed Windows XP (matching the Service Pack level of your system.)
5. System Restore core files will be reinstalled. Restart Windows when prompted.
Edited by Joshuacat, 14 January 2006 - 01:24 PM.
Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:26 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users