Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Who do I use headphones, speakers, and mic simultaneously

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 emersonian

emersonian

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Hello:

I have a standard desktop running Windows 7. I will include a photo that shows that the circular jacks on the back of the computer for things like speakers in a second. I go back and forth between headphones and external speakers a lot. That is, I will use the headphones when studying and then use the speakers when I am doing chores or whatever (this was easy when I used a laptop as a desktop replacement). My guess is that I would have to unplug the speakers and plug in the headphones in the little green jack illustrated in the picture (I presently plug the speakers into the green jack and they work fine). I don't want to go through all that. Do I have to buy a splitter of some sort, or is there an easier solution? Also, could you please tell me what jack a mic must be plugged into? Is it the pink one to the left of the green jack?

Thank you for your consideration.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

you could choice :
~ buy a spliter for audio port but all (speaker and headphone) will have sound
~ buy a usb headphones, so you could plug it on usb port not on audio port
~ if you have front audio output (little green & red audio port, usually stick with front usb port (on computer case)
~ if you speaker have a headphone port, you could plug it every time you want to use a headphone.

I hope I dont miss some idea's for this problem.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

Headphones...normally may cut the speaker output...but I don't see any problem with using the mike and either of the other two at the same time...aside from the fact that the mike will output to the speakers :).

My capture card uses the input and output channels of the system...at the same time...to enable capture of sound from the video input delivered by coax.

You don't have a headphone jack on the front of your system?

LOuis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users