Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vepoppins

vepoppins

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

I'm having the exact same issue with my Vista - all the drivers are up to date, the volume is supposedly up, and I did run a system maintenance check to see if my sound card was all right. No issues were reported, but I'm still not getting any sound from either my headphones or the speakers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vepoppins

vepoppins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

My drivers were all up to date, so I did some more extensive research and found this nifty fix; it should work for all Windows:

- Go to Start and Run
- Type "services.msc"
- Scroll down on there to find "Windows Audio"
- Right click and scroll to "Properties"
- Hit "Stop", wait for it to stop, and then press "Start" to reboot your sound system.

Worked like a charm for me! Due credit to LPdude1137 on YouTube for the solution.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

Your issue was apparently different...that OP resolved his via simply reinstalling the drivers.

In any case, thanks for your resolution to your problem, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users