Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Easy Recovery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rvan801

Rvan801

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:11 PM

I am trying to reinstall Windows ME on an Emachines computer that has a corrupted VMM32.vxd file in the hope of fixing it (or at least using the reinstalled operating system to save some important files). However, because I only have the system manufacturer's recovery disk, which deletes all data and reformats the hard drive, I have turned to something called Easy Recovery. It can be read about here: "http://www.easydesksoftware.com/easyrec.htm" In any case, I am unsure how to use it, even after reading this page. My question is, do I download this utility on a working computer, burn the files to a cd-rom, and then start my affected Emachines with the cd-rom in it? If so, how do I then begin the process of reinstallation? I appreciate any assistance, and suggest that whoever tries to help first read the page I have provided (unless, of course, you have prior knowledge of Easy Recovery). Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users