Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ip camera

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tonyten

tonyten

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:40 AM

Hello

Can anyone help me please. I'm having problems viewing my IP camera remotely. I've succesfully set up a DYNDNS account, input the necessary into the camera settings and everything is recognised and supposedly working succesfully. However, when I input the IP address + port number into the IE address bar the screen hangs for a while then comes back with unable to display message.

My internet provider is Orange and my router is a Orange Livebox. I've accessed the settings in the Livebox and (to the best of my knowledge) altered the settings correctly in the DYNDNS section and all appears fine. However, according to DYNDNS, in order to view a IP camera you need to have a public IP address. According to them the IP address provided by Orange (192.168.x.xxx) is a RFC1918 - a private IP address and this won't do for the purpose. I spoke to Orange this afternoon and they say that the IP address they provide is a dyamic IP address and is the only type that they have and should be fine for use with a IP camera.

I've contacted the manufacturer for assistance and they have not responded.

I suppose you'd call me a novice in these matters and I'm now at a loss and don't know what to do next.

Regs All

Tony

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tonyten

tonyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to set up a IP camera and I need a guide on Port Forwarding - in particular for the Orange Livebox (red light version). I've had loads of advice and suggestions from various sources - including Orange - a lot of it contradictory and I'm now thoroughly confused and a bit stuck and could do with a simple 'how to' guide - any help?

Regards,

Tony.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

I only see 4 livebox devices here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

See if one of them matches yours.

If not provide a model number.

#4 tonyten

tonyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

At work at the moment but I'll take a look at my router ASAP and post back my findings.

Regards

Tony.

#5 tonyten

tonyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hello

My Livebox is a B548. However, the box is made by Invental and has another model number DV4210-WU which does appear on the list of the link you sent me. I've had a look and it matches my router. I basically understand the insructions regarding the Port Forwarding menu but I notice there is a long section on stactic IP address and I'd like some advice on this. The IP camara I bought has actually got a static IP address (and a port number) attached to it from the manufacturer - is it this address that I enter into the IP address section of the Port Forwarding? Also, in the camara insructions (converted from Chinese and difficult to understand) I'm instucted to open a DYNDNS account in order to negate the problems caused by dynamic IP address. I've opened a account and entered the necessary into both the camera settings and the Livebox, which are both indicating that all's sucessfully working but I still can't see the camera remotelly - doubtless I've done something wrong but I don't know what.

I'd appreciate any suggestions to point me in the right direction.

Thanks again - totally appreciate any help on this issue as it's driving me mad!

Regards

Tony.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

What is the model of of the IP Camera, and you provide a model number?

#7 tonyten

tonyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hi,The camera is called ip wireless/wired camera and the only identifying mark is 88safe.com. on the box it says ddns ready I bought it from Shenzhen WANSCAM Technology Co.,Ltd www.wanscam.co.cn

Product Details:
Place of Origin Guangdong, China (Mainland)
Brand Name Wanscam
Model Number AJ-C2WA-C118
Type IP Camera
Style Dome Camera
Sensor CMOS
Technology Infrared
Special Features Pan/Tilt
Image Sensor CMOS 300,000 Pixel
Compression Format M-JPEG
Resolution VGA(640X480),QVGA(320X240)
Audio Two Way Audio
Night Vision IR 10M
Wireless Wifi 802.11 b/g
Pan/Tilt H:270, V:90
Power Adaptor DC 5V, 2A
N.W./G.W. 350g / 650g
Pack Size 200X120X179mm

Hope this helps!!!

Regards,
Tony.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

Here is the guide for your camera:

http://www.wanscam.com//download/Quick%20Setup%20Guide%20of%20IP%20Camera%2011-03-24.pdf

Try that guide, and see if it works. It seems you need to open up ports 4000, 99, 93,

#9 tonyten

tonyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks a lot I,ll try it and let you know.
Regards,
Tony.

#10 tonyten

tonyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hi,
I think I'm getting there. I understand that I cant view the camera through the same router so I'm trying to view it through a wireless dongle. I can now view the camera control screen remotely but there is a black screen where the picture should be, I am presuming the signal is not strong enough to relay the picture. I will try it again tomorrow from my work router. Thank you.

Regards,
Tony.

#11 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

Awesome work.

#12 tonyten

tonyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hello

Viewed picture remotely this morning and everything working - thanks for the help.

Just need to sort out the wireless connection and the motion detection/email facility and I'm sorted.

Thanks again - much appreciated.

Regards

Tony.

#13 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

You are welcome, and happy camming.