Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

print server went down last week, and now quirky things are happening with only one computer on the network

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hey all,

I remember the topic I posted here in adding my printer to the network. The printer is being hosted by a Windows server 2008 R2 foundation edition server, and things seemed to be fine with both Windows 7 computers I connected to it. The XP and Vista computers on the network don't connect because of lack of a driver for them which I can't find at the moment, but the strangest thing started last week. My mother went to print something from her laptop, one of the Windows 7 computers, (which definitely has the printer installed regardless of whether I can see it anywhere), because the one thing she tested worked fine. Then last Thursday, the server blue screened for a very short time, and ever since I turned it back on (which it's been up ever since), the laptop's not been able to print (except during the time the other day when the printer decided to all of a sudden spit out what was two days overdue). She's not been able to print since, yet I checked the status of the printer on the server, and it's good. Everything's working fine. What could be the problem here? Can you think of anything I should check? Should I try removing the printer reference from her laptop and re-adding it under her user account on the server rather than under my administrator account (which I mean to change anyway by the way)? And why is it only her computer? Why is mine working just fine, and why did hers work once? Any ideas on this one would be much appreciated as it's driving me up a tree.

Thanks,
Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users