Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:39 PM
I just joined this forum so I could post my problem and see if anyone could fix it, but I managed to fix it myself. I was trying to reply to the poster that also had this problem, but they will not let me.
Anyway, my problem was that when I did a Google search, then clicked on one of the search results, I would sometimes be redirected to a completely different site.
The problem was that a rogue web site had installed an add-on to my web browser, it was called something like XUL cache. The solution was to delete it. Just go open add-ons from the menu, and see if there is anything that looks suspicious if there is, just click on disable.
Hope this helps.