Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop startup issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chupathingy495

chupathingy495

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Ok, so here is my predicament. My laptop (Presario CQ61) has been having some overheat issues for the past few months. I bought a cooling fan to set it on for the time being. But, unfortunately, it still shuts down from time to time to cool itself off. Ok, no problem. Keeps me from spending too much time on it. Recently, I was having some issues with it, and I decided to restart. about halfway through the reboot, it powered down. I thought something had gone wrong, and turned it back on. I got the message that said it had shutdown to prevent overheat. well, I was a little impatient and went ahead with the reboot, and made sure the cooling fan was working (touchy usb cord) after that screen, it went black again to bring up the usual screen that allowed me to start in safe mode, but it didn't fill out the screen. it just went to a blank prompt screen, and I guess it froze there. So I forced it to shut down, watched a little tv, and came back a half hour later. But when I came back and turned it on, all it did was light up the power button and the wifi button. the caps lock and the number lock or scroll lock indication lights are blinking in 2 blink intervals.

Did I do something wrong?

I have turned it off, let it set, and turned it on: same thing happens
I tried every single F# key, nothing changes
CTRL+ALT+DEL does nothing

the only thing I can do, is watch the lights flash, or force it off (pressing power once does not shut it off)

and if this is in the wrong place, im sorry. it looked like the right place to me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chupathingy495

chupathingy495
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

49 views and not a single reply? wow....this sucks....

#3 southarea

southarea

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

Hi,
I think the problem with your laptop reside in power supply and that's why it cant boot completely. try to find out the issue with power supply and everything will be fine.

#4 chupathingy495

chupathingy495
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

I have unplugged from the wall, separated the cord from the....box thing... whatever. and unplugged it from the computer. unfortunately, the battery is crap, so it wont even hold enough power to even try to start up. I plugged everything back together, made sure it was all the way together, and still, nothing. black screen, blinking lights. and when I say black screen, i mean it isnt even backlit black. the screen is still off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users