Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kmad61

kmad61

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

Have a Dell laptop with Win7 installed,This crashed and will not boot up,error message is (windows failed to start,recent hardware or software changes may be the cause).Laptop will not boot to system repair,safe mode or last known config.I dont have any disc's for this laptop.I need some help !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

I would get a windows 7 disc for it. Did it come with windows 7 installed? If it did call dell and see how much they would charge you for a new disc. Did you install any new software or hardware before it did this?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 kmad61

kmad61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Came with win7 installed,This is not my machine so dont know total story.

#4 kmad61

kmad61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

What about formatting the laptop and installing Xp pro.The owner has nothing of value on the drive so switching over would be an option.

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

If the drivers support xp and you have a valid license for xp then I guess that would be good but I must stress you should put win 7 on it with a valid license so that you know all of the drivers will be there and will work.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users