Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Remove Malware Rogue Applications: XP Repair XP Recovery XP Fix or their Variants

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gramps33

Gramps33

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

After a long and frustrating “trial and error” :ranting: week-end I successfully got my laptop up and running again. This is my second struggle with a “malware program” in two years. Because of the “Hijack” of my Program folder and the hidden file feature of this particular “XP Repair” malware program, it made my first experience look like a piece of cake.

The moral of the story is NEVER NEVER EVER allow a blocked site or blocked program to gain access to your computer. Whenever your anti-virus/anti-malware protection program asks you if you want to block access to your computer ALWAYS be sure to hit the YES button.

FWIW, after a week-end of “Googling” the web for solutions to my problem I came across this Article - How to fix "Windows XP Recovery" Malware Wednesday, June 8, 2011 - by Brian Richards Tags: Malware, virus removal, Windows XP Recovery, General at http://www.interworks.com/blogs/brichards/2011/06/08/how-fix-windows-xp-recovery-malware

IMHO, Brian Richards of Interworks Inc gives you the easiest step by step instructions to follow to get rid of this particular type of “Windows Recovery Malware”. For a much more detailed step by step solution with illustrations see:

Remove Windows XP Recovery (Uninstall Guide) Posted by Grinler on May 14, 2011 @ 12:18 PM • Views: 134,141 at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-xp-recovery

Good Luck To All Those with a Malware infected computer Gramps33

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users