Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My New Mother Board

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 humbleS

humbleS

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:27 AM

hello every one .I am hopeing you might be able to help me .I have a 14 month old computer what decided to stop working what i mean is it just said my mouse and keybord could not be loaded and it seemed to be stuck on a black screen before my windows xp, also i noticed the clock at the bottom was losing time .a few days before hand any way i turned to a shop and they said i needed a new mother board as the old one had lost its drivers and no new ones could be loaded . They have fitted a new mother board but now it seems my instalation discs what the original computer supplier supplied do not work so i cannot reformat my hard drive . please leave an easy to under stand note here if you can help me as i am not a bright person when it comes to this thankyou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:53 AM

You can use your Windows op system to reformat your hard drive, but then you would need to reinstall the operating system and you stated you do not have the disk.

What exactly are you trying to do? Why do you feel you need to reformat the drive?

#3 humbleS

humbleS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:21 AM

thankyou for your quick responce.my computer now does not run my games very fast and also before they removed my mother board i had a program for my sound card now that proram is still there but i cannot use it as it is not compatable with the in built sound card in fact my machine seems it is like clockwork compaired to what it was like before they got it in this shop I am fed up i dont think it is right and i do not believe it is normal for a shop to take 7 weeks to change a mother board i know they had problems but there excuse was they coul;d not get the motherboard what was inside my machine also i believe there is a lot of other programs running in there but i believe i dont need them they also charged 342 pounds for a new mother board and processor i dont mind but i do mind when what i asked for was a board what does the same as the one before and now i find it is slower and worse still i cannot play my games

Edited by humbleS, 14 January 2006 - 10:26 AM.

#4 humbleS

humbleS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

hello this is a question . I would like to know can anything in my bios settings stop me from using my instalation discs . these discs are just made up by the computer manufacturer . my computer has a widows logo with an id number stamped on it . i have managed to use these before but now the shop who installed my motherboard it seems might have changed the settings . do you think i should just take it back .or can the bios be changed to except my widows discs and also can it be made so when i need to press r for reinstall the keyboard will also work

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 24,708 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

Please let us know the make and model of your PC (along with the old motherboard) and the make and model of your new motherboard.

Some OEM versions of Windows are locked to the OEM BIOS (like Dell), but this may or may not be your problem.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users