CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition -$185
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 -$75
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 -$129
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX -$89
Power Supply: Corsair TX-750 V2 -$149
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212+ -$33
Video Card: 2x ASUS Radeon HD6950 DirectCU II 1GB -$518
The concerns i have are:
1. The large heat spreader on the ram might hit the CPU cooler, if it does hit it then i think i can put it in slot 2 and 4 since this is a dual channel kit.
2. I've been reading around that a 750W power supply can power up 2 6950 without a problem, can some please verify that for me?
3. I'm afraid that the ram i chose my not work on the motherboard but i did find the similar model on the QVL memory list for the motherboard but the one i chose does not have the letter "B" at the end. I am pretty confident the ram will work since it is 1.5V.
4. The 2 6950 should fit in the 922 which is a mid-atx case with roughly 4 to 6cm headroom so it doesn't touch the hard drive cage.
5. When the 2 6950 are fitted in, i am worried that it will touch each other. I have found the measurement for the Asus 6950 and apparently it is 5 inch in height which is massive in size. I will be putting it in the 16x slot which i reckon has enough space apart it doesn't touch each other, so someone please verify that.
6. Do i plug the crossfire bridge on the first slot or the second slot of the graphics card?
This is my first time building a computer for myself rather then for other people and if it is not compatible then i am dead and will be not trusted again to do these type of stuff, so i need everything to go smoothly. Also the reason why i am going with the 1090T rather then waiting for the new Bulldozer is because i won't be upgrading this until i finish school which is in 3 to 4 years and the same reason applies to the amount of ram, space and graphics card. Tomorrow my mum will discuss it with my dad and if he approves it then it is a good to go. Remember, only use PC Case Gear since i'm from Australia.
Edited by killerx525, 27 July 2011 - 05:05 AM.