Hi distressed damsel,
to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.
Some things to remember while we are working together.
- Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
- Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.
- Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
- Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
- Do not run anything while running a fix.
- If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.
Click on the Watch Topic
button and select Immediate Notification
and click on proceed
, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions posted here are intended for the person who began this topic. Please DO NOT use these instructions on your own computer. Start a new topic in the appropriate forum.
No, it's not normal for Malwarebytes to not find any infections. It should be able to find and remove this infection. You may have a new version of Win 7 Antispyware 2012 that is not yet detected by Malwarebytes.
I'm not sure whether the virus has disabled restore points or not. Occasionally, viruses like to infect restore points so that if you try to restore your computer to them, you're automatically reinfected.
Download Security Check by screen317 from here
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.
- Please post the contents of that document.
Please download MiniToolBox
and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
and post the result. Rerun Malwarebytes
Open Malwarebytes, click on the Update tab, and click the check for Updates button.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Please download SystemLook
from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop
.Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2
(If your computer is 64-Bit, please use this download
The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
In your next reply, please include:
- Security Check log file
- MiniToolBox log file
- Malwarebytes log
- SystemLook log
- How's the computer running now? Please provide a detailed description any remaining problems, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, and/or screenshots of strange behavior.
Edited by jntkwx, 26 July 2011 - 11:17 AM.