Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Home Security 2012 ALERT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 stu96art

stu96art

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

I have this malware that will come up and say that my system has been hacked. Basically it just wants you to buy some other product, but I cannot get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have deleted the registry files listed on this page http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-win-7-home-security-2012.html but could not find the exe files they suggested. As I am typing this, a message popped up with the title "Win 7 Security 2012 - Unregistered version" and at then at the bottom, a balloon popped up saying "Virus Intrusion!". Please let me know what information can help and I can get it to you. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

EDIT: Broni beat me to it. Follow their directions.

Edited by jntkwx, 25 July 2011 - 10:17 PM.

Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

Start here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2012

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

New topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic412751.html

To avoid confusion I am closing this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users