Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer to TV lag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ECsports

ECsports

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Here at our facility we run a constant powerpoint that runs from a computer (obviously), feeds into a device called an autopatch (http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...h1Y-16pic3.jpg), which than feeds it to roughly 13 other televisions. Since upgrading a few of the televisions to larger LCD televisions (47" 1080p, 60 Hz) we have had a serious lag issue with some of the commercials that are running. I believe the resolution the computer is outputting is much too low. Essentially our goal is to upgrade the computer with either a new one or upgrading a different one we have in the facility (Dell Dimension 2400). From what I researched the Hertz or resolution is the common issue. I verified, both the computer and television are outputting at 60 Hz. When I messed around with a higher resolution it seemed to help out the issue, but lag down everything. However, we are running into several issues.

Right now the computer monitor is hooked up through a VGA cable straight from the computer. The televisions, which are fed from the Autopatch, are hooked up through a RCA cable (Video only). However, we are running a S-Video out from the computer which turns into a split RCA video cable to feed the televisions. The other computer we want to try out doesn't have an S-Video or a RCA video out. I figured we could split the vga signal into two, but the Autopatch only accepts a RCA video cable.

Our goal is to keep costs down, so upgrading the Autopatch system is probably way out of the question. If this makes sense to anyone, what would you recommend? We tried contacting our local computer stores for their input but they didn't have the necessary video card with an S-Video.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 ECsports

ECsports
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

The computer is old and laggy so I skipped that and wrote down what I could find.

HP Pavilion, Intel ®
XP 2002
Pentium® 4 CPU 1600 MHz
1.59 GHz, 640 mb of ram

Pretty dang old, huh?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

Id would much rather see the speccy report. Would give me more information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users