Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Computer Blogs are unavailable for those who use them

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

It is with much regret that I have had to disable the Blog feature of this site until I upgrade to the latest version of IPB 3.2. In summary, there was an issue with the Blogs and when I updated it to the latest version, it was broken. Only after I contacted Invision board support did I find out that the upgrade was only compatible with IPB version 3.2 which they had not even officially announced was available yet!

For whatever reason, Invision decided to offer only the latest blog version, without any warning that it was not compatible with previous versions. Of course about 2 hours later they make an official announcement that IPB 3.2 was released.

So until I upgrade, which wont be for a while, the blogs will be unavailable.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

Thank you Grinler for the update and I know this issue was beyond your control. :wink:

I know the updates take time and often require disabling the web site while upgrades/updates are being initiated, take your time and do it when you feel the time is right. :thumbup2:

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

I wondered why there was less tabs then I was used to. lol.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thanks Grinler! B)

Crimson Spider
"Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job."
(Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users