to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.
Some things to remember while we are working together.
- Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
- Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.
- Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
- Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
- Do not run anything while running a fix.
- If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.
Click on the Watch Topic
button and select Immediate Notification
and click on proceed
, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others:
The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.
Download Security Check by screen317 from here
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.
- Please post the contents of that document.
Please download MiniToolBox
and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
and post the result.
Let's try repairing corrupt operating system files.
Please follow the directions here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
- Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the
icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
In your next reply, please include:
- Security Check log
- MiniToolBox log
- Malwarebytes log
- ESET log
- How's your computer running now? Please provide a detailed description any remaining problems, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, and/or screenshots of strange behavior.