Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacking ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bethkat9

bethkat9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

Hi.......new member here, Newcastle UK; novice. I have had an online account hacked twice, (once after new password introduced) , and monies removed. My provider tells me I MUST have given my username / password knowingly or unknowingly over the internet I HAVEN'T !!(I don't think ?) I have Kaspersky I.S. installed, along with Spybot and Malware Antispyware. My provider has stopped me from using the account online unless I can give evidence / proof that my computer is not infected ??. Hijackthis has been recommended but I would first hope that someone can advise on its use; and of course any other advice would be appreciated. :busy: :dance:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hello bethkat9 and welcome to BC.

To get this whole process started, you should probably start here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic182397.html

The key is patience. The folks here are wonderful but get a lot of requests.

The upside is that once they begin to help you with your computer, they can tackle even the worst of the worst.

Also, please always provide as much information as possible: the make of your machine, what O/S you're running, any strange behavior, screenshots (if you've got them) etc. The more information given on the frontside, the less back-and-forth asking of questions needs to happen.

Again, welcome to Bleeping Computer and good luck.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users