Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Basic Free Video Editor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

I need a free video editor, so i can cut out some scenes of the video clip also i don't want to pay for the software, so it would be preferable to suggest a free one. Also anybody know a software that censors rude words out of a clip?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:06 AM

No idea on the censoring thing.

For the video editing you can always use Windows Live Movie Maker.

If it's not already installed on your machine here's the download: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker?os=other

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

I don't know how to do it on Movie Maker which i already have. I was reading that Adobe Premiere can do the censoring by using a plugin but the software is to expensive and i don't even exactly know if it can do it. Also i would have no clue on using it if i bought it.

Edited by killerx525, 25 July 2011 - 02:15 AM.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#4 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

The term "video" covers such a broad range of formats and containers. Mpeg 2, mpeg 1, vob, mp4, avi, mov, mkv, flv, etc. most of the free editors won't handle all these different formats. Find out what your video is ( I use Gspot) and search Videohelp or Digital Digest for editors.

To edit out rude words, you'll probably have to separate the audio from the video (demux) and edit the audio file in audacity. Time consuming, but, video editing usually is. It's not as complex as it looks.

I know how to do it if your video is mpeg.

I use Mpeg2schnitt to cut out unwanted footage.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Mpeg2Schnitt

But it only works with mpeg 2 elementary streams. I don't know what format your video is, Is it mpeg ???
If so, here's how I do it; (From memory)

You have to separate the audio from the video. (Demux) I use Batchdemux.exe, on Win XP. You could also use Projectx, Pvastrumento, or Dgindex,

(Check out http://www.videohelp.com/tools)

After you demux you'll see 2 files. a M2V (video) and AC3, or MP2, or Wav (audio)

Open the M2V in Mpeg2schnitt, after it indexes the video, add the audio file.
(Mpeg2schnitt won't open Wav) Click the "in" button on the video you want to keep,
click the "out" button, you'll see that section highlighted, add it to the cut list by clicking on the scissors. (Don't know why they call it the cut list because you'll be keeping these)

for example; Lets say you want to cut commercials out of a TV show. After the commercial, mark "in" the next section of video you want to keep, mark "out" at the next commercial. Add that to the cut list, Click "in" after the commercial, click "out" at the next commercial, add to the cut list, and so on.

you can merge another video, (M2V, AC3, MP2) by adding another video and the audio, then repeating the above procedure.

When you press "go" you'll be prompted to save the video, and choose a location.

When you click "start", Mpeg2schnitt will merge all the video in the cut list to one M2V (MPV) and one AC3 or MP2 file.

To edit the audio;
Open the audio (MP2 or AC3) file in Audacity, find the rude words you want to remove, highlight it, and "mute" or turn the volume down to 0. Don't cut it out. You need to keep the audio the same length as the video or the audio/video sync will be messed up beyond repair. Export the new audio file.

To merge (multiplex) the audio with the video, use Avidemux.

open the new M2V (MPV) in Avidemux. let it index the mpeg 2.
To add the audio go to "audio" > "main track" > "external audio" browse for your new audio file and add it. You can also correct audio/video sync problems in Avidemux, tic the "shift" button, and adjust the ms.

Now you can change the format to whatever. Don't know what you want to do with the video, so it's up to you.
I change it to an "MPEG - PS A+V " so I can burn it to a dvd after I author it.

To save the video, click "file" > "save" > "save video" if you have everything set right it will re-multiplex the audio/video to one file. (mpeg 2 or whatever)
When its finished, you might have to rename the file & add the extension yourself, .mpg, .mp4, or whatever.

All these free tools can be found at Videohelp.com or Digital Digest.com
If you need help, feel free to PM me.

Hope this helps.

If you find a free video editor that does all this, please post a link. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users