Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Studio 15 laptop with certain keyboard commands disabled, certain programs will only run for a certain amount of time

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

Hello all,
Please feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, but I'm really stumped here. I've recently been doing some work on my mother's computer (helping her set up Outlook, verifying that her connection to my print server and file server is successful all the time), and I've noticed some very odd things. None of the usual keyboard commands work for her as they work for me. Like for instance, I can't use ALT+F4 to close windows, F7 to bring up the spell checker in Office programs, and I'm sure there are many others I haven't found. The other issue occurs when certain programs are running. System
access is a screen reader made by the company Serotek, and I was using it to access the computer. I had it running via it's to go interface (which means that it's running as a web based service), and it would run really well for about ten minutes, and then it would simmer down to the point of unresponsiveness. I'd have to shut down Internet Explorer and then log back into it to get it back. I had the strangest episode with it last week too. That time, when I launched the add a printer wizard with SA running, a score of the "Assertion failed" errors popped up citing the Visual C++ runtime as the cause of the error with a .CPP source file as the offending file. Can I ask what the heck is going on here? Any possible feedback you folks might have would be very helpful because the administrator side of me is running around with it's head cut off trying to figure this one out for her. (though it doesn't seem to affect her as much as it does me). The only problems she's having are sluggishness from the computer. Anything you have would like totally set me at ease right now.

Many thanks,
Chrome

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users