Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No image on monior

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndyEagle80

AndyEagle80

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hi and thanks for reading. I am repairing this computer for a friend. HP Pavilion a6600f (desktop). 2 Gb Ram Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2 GHz, built-in Foxconn video card GeForce 7100/nForce 630i, Sata HD Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320 GB, Video has DVI and VGA ports, came with Windows Vista 64 bit Here is a link to the HP page for it.

Problem: I got hired in because the video on the monitor was getting vertical lines and freezing the machine. I updated the video card drivers and did system software cleaning. The next week the problem persisted. The owner bought a copy of Windows 7 64 bit. The info was backed up to external storage through Windows backup. I cleaned off the hard drive, installed Windows 7. Win 7 found all the drivers. I loaded all the standard programs and restored the data. A week later. The computer will not show any image on the screen. The LED on the power supply works. The CPU fan runs. The hard drive sounds normal and seems to be working. DVD drive goes in and out. I get no lights on the keyboard (PS/2 or USB). I checked his monitor with my laptop and the monitor is fine. I checked both DVI and VGA ports out the back of the board with another monitor and still no image on the screen. I unplugged all the connections to the motherboard and reseated them. No image on screen. I get long beeps when booting without RAM, no image on screen.

Does this seem to lend itself to a blown motherboard or something else I should try? Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

It could be either a blown motherboard, or just the graphics chip on the motherboard-do you have a dedicated video card you can try in it (not a high powered one, just a generic one that the PSU can handle. an old PCI one will do the trick) If you can get video with the dedicated card and everything runs fine, then chances are its just the integrated graphics-if you still get no display, the motherboard is completly shot.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 AndyEagle80

AndyEagle80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Well I have inspected the motherboard for blown capacitors and found none. I have tried with a PCI video card and still get the same result. I think it is a blown board. Thanks for the reply.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

that would be my guess, though check the memory make sure its seated ok and vary the sticks out. Ive seen boards on occasion where if one stick isnt seated properly or isnt working, ive seen it on the rare occasion where it wont boot and it wont send the error beeps (or if you dont have a system speaker)

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users