Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

So the issue is that i had to install windows vista again through cd because i had some virus problem. before the virus my computer was able to run smoothly and some olds games such as wc3 and cs worked perfectly. now that i rebooted my system, these programs have serious lag issues and are not able to run smoothly anymore. i assume this has to do with my drivers no longer being what they were but after i installed the driver reviver program and updating all my drivers, the computer is still not what it was. My previous drivers were never even updated to my knowledge after i bought the device so i am puzzled as to why there is such a decrease in performance. The windows experience index numbers are the same as before so i really do not no what the issue is. is there anyway to get the drivers i had before the installation of vista back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

I dont know what this driver reviver program is-but in my experience, programs such as these usually are lousy at best case, in worst case, are often install viruses or are malware themselves. You would be best off going to the computer manufacturers website and downloading the drivers specific to your computer from their website, if it is a custom computer or you have additional parts, go to each parts manufacturers website and download the driver straight from them and install them.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users